Friday, January 4, 2013

The boy is already throwing me for a loop

I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow. The past couple days have been really rough. He dropped real low a few days ago and I've been having a lot of contractions. I went into triage this morning, because they were getting worse. I was given some IV fluids and a Terbutaline shot. I'm dilated 3cm and they stopped me from progressing. Though my contractions have weakened, they have not gone away. They won't stop him from coming after tomorrow either. They said that babies that come on their own early normally do really well and are just ready for some reason. I have faith he'll be ok. Keep him in your prayers though!

However, I am not mentally prepared for this!!! Doesn't he know he's messing with my plans?! I have the whole month of January mapped out like you wouldn't believe. I literally can't do like anything. I don't get what I'm supposed to be learning... I don't do well with people doing stuff for me! Thankfully, I have my mom and so many friends and family that are willing to help with the girls. I would be doomed without them. Austin starts up his seminary student teaching on Monday too. Holy cow, wish me luck!

This seriously was the easiest pregnancy for me up until about a week ago. I don't know who the boy thinks he is, but he obviously has a mission to accomplish. I just hope he stay put for at least a week or 2! And I guess all my January plans are being put on hold. Funny, I never imagined this feeling. Contractions hurt a LOT more when you're not accepting of them too. I tried hard to get the girls here, though I never went overdue. This boy is already changing my life. I'm sure he'll be a sweetheart. I'll keep you posted if you pray for me. :)

1 comment:

  1. How ironic the way things turn out for us- your son obviously has a mission of his own! What a wonderful blessing! We are so happy for your family!!

    ReplyDelete