Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Raef made it home!

I spent the night with Raef Sunday night with him completely off all monitors, so I could "practice" with him before he was discharged. His nurse that night was Sui Ling and I loooove her! She taught me a whole lot of helpful information. Monday morning, Dr. Zozobrado examined Raef and told me he was good to go home! I fed him, and home we went!

It has been wonderful being home together. It's only been a couple days, but it's a heck of a lot easier adjusting to 3kids than it is going back and forth from the hospital. Raef is pretty much like a normal baby now, except that I can't let him sleep as long as he wants at night. I can let him do 1 4hr stretch between feedings at night and the rest of the day is every 3hrs. He's just going to be like a newborn for a while... I love newborns, so it's kinda nice, but I am going to be TIRED for a while. If you see me with bags under my eyes... Well, now you know why.

As of now, I'm nursing Raef 5 times a day and giving him a bottle 3 times. The bottles are breastmilk, but I need to fortify it to make it 22calorie milk instead of the normal 20. I shouldn't need to do it for too long, which is nice. I took Raef to the dr this morning and he weighs 6lbs, 5oz.

The girls have been really good with Raef. They just want to be his little mom... Lucky guy! Haha. Truly has surprised me, because she hasn't really been jealous. Right now all 3kids are sleeping, so I think we're all going to adjust to a family of 5 shortly.

Oh, and I don't think I ever shared Raef's full name... Raef Bitner Austin Adair. 4names and not planned. I don't think anything was planned for him!









4 comments:

  1. HOORAY! I am so happy to hear that Raef is home and doing so well! He is a seriously cute baby. We need to skype soon so we can see your family all together! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's SO wonderful!! So glad he's home now and you can finally begin adjusting to life as a family of 5!! We are so happy for you guys!!!
    That's do great about Truly! I am worried about Logan being jealous (I know he's 5, do there really should be no concern, but for so many reasons my nerves are still on edge...)
    So happy for you guys and the journey you're riding with such Faith and endurance!! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! So happy he's home. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete