I just have to say it people.
I will not be seeing the Les Mis movie again.
We saw it last night and I waited for so long and was so excited! I LOVE this story and musical! The first time I saw it was when I was 18, the summer after high school graduation in NYC, and it changed my life. It is definitely, by far, the longest book I have ever read. There is so much greatness from that story and the music from the musical is amazing. I have seen the musical 3 times since that summer.
I'm so sad I don't want to run to the store and buy the movie when it comes out, but I was pretty disgusted by how graphic it was. Call me lame, or whatever the term is, but either people keep quiet about how they really feel, or everyone is desensitized from all the immorality seen on the screen these days. I don't care if Fantine is a prostitute and lived a terrible life... There are better ways to get the message across. We live in a hard society. We don't have television in our home and rarely go to the movies anymore. This is why... To me, it's just not worth the sick feeling I get.
Anyway, just had to throw that out there while everyone is saying how much they loved the movie and totally ignoring the few reasons why it shouldn't be viewed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ack! Totally agree!!! We just saw it last night and I thought it was horrible. The acting was great but too many graphic scenes and WAY TOO LONG! I was really unimpressed and sad that we went and saw it.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Chelsie! Craig and I left walked out after about an hour! I was SO EXCITED to see the movie! I was so disappointed and was totally shocked and disgusted at how graphic it was!!! I am SO GLAD to read this because everyone is just raving about it!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this!