Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sky at 2 1/2

Sky turned 2 and a half a couple weeks ago. I remember as a kid it was always fun to add "and a half" to your age. Sky says that now. I love it. She just continues to grow, grow, grow and I think she's grown into a beautiful toddler! I couldn't ask for a better firstborn child and 2yr old. Sure, at times she sure knows how to push my buttons. (have I mentioned she's exactly like me?! Ha) however, she is already such a great example to me. A few times she has seen that I'm frustrated and grabbed my cheeks and said, "mom, shhh. (holding her pointer finger to her mouth) it's ok." heavenly father knew what he was doing when he sent me my angels. At times I feel I don't deserve a girl so sweet, but I am oh so grateful and trying my best!

Sky knows her ABC's, can count to 20 and 10 in spanish. She also knows her shapes. We're still working on colors. She guesses every time. It cracks me up. She's a major talker! At home I can't ever get her to be quiet! Ha. She can hold conversations pretty well and is getting brave about talking to strangers. People think she's the cutest thing around. She has become a good singer. She knows a Lot of primary songs. I'm impressed. I think she just has a good memory. She never forgets anything. She's always telling me stories or "reading" books that's she's memorized. She also says her own short prayers.

She loves to dance and has some cute moves. Every time we have a dance party she specifically asks to listen to 1: "tonight tonight" by hot chelle Rae and 2: "what makes you beautiful" by one direction.

Sky loves to be in charge and is SO independent. She rarely lets me help her. She's been potty trained for a few months and this just set her independence off like a rocket! It's kind of nice, but at times i'm like "you're just two! Please don't lock me out of the room!" she takes such good care of Truly. She shares everything her, making sure that she has a fair trade and always wants to hold her hand when she walks outside.

Sky's favorite show is Dora the Explorer. She's obsessed. It's pretty funny. We'll probably be having a 3rd birthday along those lines.

We love our Skylin! We love her vibrance for life, happiness, forgiving heart, and sweet personality. It's so fun watching her grow.

1 comment:

  1. She really is so pretty! And my word what a sweetie! By the time you get back bristol ought to be more playful, so we will really need some play dates!

    ReplyDelete