Saturday, April 28, 2012

Single

If you didn't know, Austin is selling security this summer. He's in Kentucky right now and for another week, but then will be off to Indiana. It's totally crazy, but it felt (still feels) like the right thing to do at this time. With Austin getting his Masters and him working in school systems, we figured this was the best way for us to get ahead and keep out of debt for school and whatever the next year lies ahead for us. It's actually pretty exciting to be doing something different and taking a new adventure together.

I am still in AZ until the end of May and then the girls and I will meet Austin until the middle of August when we all come home again. Lots of people think that's crazy that we're apart for so long, but I have actually felt a lot of peace on the matter. My bro leaves on his mission next week, my sis-law is getting married in a couple weeks, I have the girls signed up for swim lessons, and I wanted Austin to be focused and get in the swing of his game before we got there.

Austin has been gone for 2 weeks now. I've been keeping myself very busy, so in a lot of ways it has been going by fast, but night time is definitely the worst. I miss him for many reasons. Not only do I love the man to death, but he helps me out SO much. I appreciate him when he's here, but it's crazy how much more I realize all the little stuff he does for me.

The biggest thing has been my car being dirty! I hate it! I have never put time to clean out my car, because Austin is so great about taking care of that for me.

I had to take out the trash for first time in a long time. And I can't remember for the life of me to put it out on the right days.

He helps me around the house a whole lot. I wouldn't be near as good of a mom without him. He vacuums way more than I do. He's better at cleaning out the fridge than I am and I don't have anybody to pick up my slack!

It's been hard not having that time of day I look forward to when the girls are completely occupied by their daddy.

I have nobody to cuddle with at night and for the first time I haven't been reluctant to let Sky sleep with me on occasion.

He's not here to get the groceries for me or to do those late night store trips I can't do alone.

I feel like Austin is a superhero in a lot of ways. I am sooo grateful for him. His hard work ethic is something I knew I couldn't live without in a husband and he exceeds my expectations. He's a natural at being awesome ;) he even sold 3 alarms today!! I'm so proud of him! He's rockin it.

I have learned that yes, I can do this single mom thing, but it is a lot easier with your man around. I feel like I have been prepared in a lot of ways to be apart from my husband at certain times in our life. Still though, I miss him and it's going to be so exciting when we see each other in person!!

1 comment:

  1. Time is actually going by pretty fast :) before we know it we'll be out there! :)
    Glad you're doing good!

    ReplyDelete