(Warning: I should have made this into 3 posts with how many pictures Austin and I took, but I didn't. :) Early Wednesday morning of Spring Break we headed out to California! I was SOO excited! We hadn't taken a REAL family vacation since before Truly was born. I need vacation time in my life. I kinda live for it. Anyway, we left and got to Jack's house for some cousin fun. We love Jack and we miss seeing him so much since they moved to Chino Hills for Dental school. 
Chino Hills is super BEAUTIFUL, by the way! We had a lot of fun seeing Chelsea and Jack (and Marshall for 20min). Jack and Sky played well together. Sky did the bossing around, being a mom, and Jack acted like the baby. They're match-playmates in heaven. ha. Their apartment is so cute. We went to the hot tub and to a really nice park the next day. We did a lot of relaxing, and not much sleeping since the girls slept terrible that night. (thankfully, they turned back into our sleeping angels once we arrived at our hotel.)







Thursday night we walked around Downtown Disney and then met my parents at our hotel. This was our last big family vacation before my little bro leaves on his mission. (Ghana, Africa!) Our hotel was 10min walking distance from the park. It was so nice that we didn't do any driving/parking and we could leave and go back to our hotel whenever we wanted. My parents seriously spoiled us. I don't know if I could ever do a Disney trip differently now. This was definitely my best experience. We had 2 entire days and the 2nd day it rained, which was totally crazy to start out with, but it was great, because the lines were SO short. Tip #1: Don't plan a disney trip unless you know it's going to rain. ;) We did everything we wanted and more. We had so much fun! During the day we mostly stuck to all the little kid rides. I had forgotten about so many of them. It was fun to relive it and going with kids made it even better. Sky's face was so priceless. She STILL talks about The Little Mermaid ride and seeing Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Truly's favorite ride was It's a Small World, naturally. Tip #2: Don't go to Disneyland without my dad. My dad isn't much of the theme park goer. Any time the girls were napping he would gladly sit and watch them while we went off to do the big rides. Both days we left the park around 6 to walk back to the hotel, get the girls ready for bed, and in bed, and to freshen up. Then my dad would stay at the hotel to check on them while we went back for more! The trip wouldn't have been nearly the same without him there. He's a toddler and baby lifesaver for parents like Austin and I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I waaaant to gooo to Disney Laaaaand!!!! That looks so so so fun! And I agree with the rain! We went two Christmases ago and there was basically no one in the park for two days because of the rain!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun! Seriously having your dad around makes it even better!
ReplyDelete