Wednesday, May 9, 2012

They call me mom

Yesterday I got up and got ready before the girls while they played so nicely. :) major success! After feeling cute and getting the girls ready, (including sky's bath she has to have to not be itchy TWICE a day) we went to my mom's to talk to my brother for 10min. Before church Sky had an accident (seriously?) so I had to change her and we went to church with my parents. They were pretty well behaved through sacrament. Truly fell asleep on me :) and sky colored. Then Tru woke up and pooped and I left the wipes at home! Ya... Luckily for me, Sky loves nursery wherever she is. She even told them she had to pee and made me a cute mother's day card. When i picked her up they had to tell me how good she sang all the songs. :) We visited my in-laws after church and both girls were scream crying because of how tired they were from the evil 1pm church. Finally they decided to be happy, so I was able to eat. (i tell everyone i'm skinny because my kids just don't let me eat.) We had a good evening, got to bed too late, and I was able to talk to my sweet hubby who promised to spoil me this coming Sunday. :)

My days are full of ups and downs as a mom, but sky knows and understands it better than I do. The other day I was telling her I wasn't happy because of something she was doing and she looked at me and said, "yes you are happy! We're a happy family!" I guess she's right. Even though crappy stuff happens being a mom is very joyful. I love the little things like when we're driving in the car and sky sees a church and always has to tell me that "mommy and daddy got married in the temple!" or when I'm in the kitchen cleaning up lunch and I can hear both the girls laughing in the other room. Stuff like that makes crazy tantrums easier to deal with.

I've always wanted to be a mom from the time I was very tiny. I can't remember a time I didn't want to grow up and have 10kids or adopt 7 (I went through some crazy phases). I still know that being a mom was my destiny: something I needed (and still need) to do to grow stronger, better, and closer to Christ.

I am a far from perfect mom, but I try hard and know that Heavenly Father is helping me raise His children.

Hope all the mothers out there felt appreciated and important yesterday, because you certainly are!

No comments:

Post a Comment