Thursday, October 8, 2009

Road Trips!

This past weekend was Conference weekend, so Austin and I decided to take one last little trip before the little girl comes. I just want to say that I LOVE travelling and road trips! Nothing gets me more excited than packing my suitcase and heading out for fun and leaving school behind. We left late Thursday night and came back Sunday, so it was super short, but well worth the get-away.

We were able to carpool with Julie and Isaac (The cute little Buttons) which was awesome, because we didn't have to drive hardly at all! It was fun actually getting to party in the back seat while they drove. Thanks so much guys!


We got to Provo on Friday and were able to go out to lunch with my amazing friend, Sam and Austin's cousin, Trent. It was great seeing you guys! Then we partied it up with two of the most amazing couples. This is Alexis, Rick, Carla, Zac, and us. Austin served with both those boys on his mission and it's great that they still can be good friends. We went out to eat and to the mission reunion. They both even let us crash with them for a night. We love friends!
It is even more exciting to play with Alexis now, because she's preggo just like me! She's having a little boy and I'm already arranging a marriage for him and our daughter. haha Ok, not really, but they will be amazing parents and I wouldn't mind being related. It's fun to share the pregnant experience with someone going through it too.
Most of the weekend was spent watching conference. There were so many amazing talks and I can't wait to get the November Ensign to read up on them again. I'm grateful for the gospel and a living prophet who guides us. We had tickets to the Saturday afternoon session, so we got to go to that and walk around temple square a little bit. A little sidenote: a year ago from the time this picture was taken was when Austin proposed to me here. Aww cute right?! haha Sadly they had the gate closed where the actual bench was or I probably would have made Austin go take a picture with me by it. Anyway, is was a fabulous weekend!



3 comments:

  1. Looks like sooo much fun! I'm glad you and Jules and your hubbies got to spend time together, I'm sure that was a blast! I am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that you are preggo, you look so dang cute in those pictures. Anyway, we need to hang out- soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for pregnant ladies!! ha ha. I'm glad you enjoyed your road trip. We loved having you here. Cute blog! I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so fun to see you guys too! and feel free to come whenever you guys want- you know you have a bedroom here :) take care!

    ReplyDelete