Truly Jane Adair is here!
Born 6/12/11
3:19pm
7lbs, 14oz
20.9in
We are so happy and loving our new addition to the family. I feel like a new person. It is so refreshing to have her finally here. I love her sweet spirit. She has seriously been such a good baby! I have had such an easier time recovering and transitioning this time than with Sky. Life is good!
Thursday night we went to see Les Mis and I started having light contractions. I took a pic just in case we had her soon. It didn't happen fast though. I had on and off contractions for days. This labor was totally different than I had with Sky. I had a really hard time on deciding when I should go to the hospital. Late Saturday night, or Sunday morning at 1am I decided to go be checked out. I was still only 3cm dilated and wasn't making much progress. I went home to labor more and did all night. At 9:30am I decided to head back. It was a really hard decision, but we did it. I was only 4cm dilated at that point. I had a whole birth plan written out, but I talked to my dr and we decided that I should walk around and she'll break my water. I don't have much recollection of the time frame of everything, but when I was 5-6cm dilated is when she broke my water.
Things started picking up at that point. I was handling everything really well and at 8cm I decided to get into the shower. It really helped! However, Truly's head was not positioned exactly the way it should have been and it was really hard for my cervix to dilate completely around her head. I started to think I couldn't do it without an epidural and my nurse helped me decide that an epidural would probably help me fully dilate. I got an epidural and it kind of relaxed my stomach, but nothing else, because Truly came right after that and there was no stopping her. Pushing was intense, but she arrived healthy. The cord was wrapped around her body and I was scared at first, but she was fine right away. It really was an amazing experience. Austin was very helpful and I had the best nurse and dr. to help me with everything. I only had a slight tear and have had so much less pain this time around.We are loving getting to know little Truly!




She's beautiful! Let me know when you want me to come take pictures - I'm leaving town in 1 week. :)
ReplyDeleteshe is darling!! congrats, so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteAWWW I love her!!! I'm so happy she came before we moved! She is so stinkin cute and me and Jack need to come see her sometime this week! I'll call you!
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable!! Congrats Chelsie! It is so exciting to watch your family grow
ReplyDelete