A couple of weeks ago Austin was in the hospital. It was just a couple days, but it sure was a LONG 2 days. We went to the ER one night and ended up being there all night long. Austin didn't end up getting his own room until 6:30am. Apparantly Austin had pneumomediastinum, which means there was a hole in his lung that was leaking air into the cavities in his chest... like around his heart & stuff. It was SUPER random and there isn't much info on it. There was no way to tell how it happened either. The only symptom Austin had was that he was having a difficult time breathing and felt like something was stuck in his throat. Gratefully he didn't have to have surgery. He's healthy and young enough that it was able to heal on its own.
Having a family member in the hospital is stressful and tiring. I am not a fan. I'm glad my first experience wasn't too crazy. We're lucky enough to have friends and family that were able to watch Sky for us a lot. (Thanks mom and Bauers.) It was extremely sad to not be with Sky for most of the days and then ultra sad to leave Austin at night. I'm thinking my time with the hospital is retired.... except when having babies. *cross fingers*
I'm so glad everything is okay... he'll need to lay off the pogo stick jumping for a while though... sad. ;)
ReplyDelete